1999-2020 Ford F-250 F-350 Inner Axle Bearing
- Unit price
The 1999-2020 Ford F-250 F-350 Inner Axle Bearing is a genuine OEM auto part that offers improved performance and longevity for your vehicle. This inner axle bearing is responsible for supporting the weight of the vehicle and transmitting torque from the driveshaft to the axle.
Replacing the inner axle bearing on your 1999-2020 Ford F-250 or F-350 with the Genuine New Inner Axle Bearing (part number F81Z-1244-BA) is a difficult job that requires some specialized tools and a high level of automotive repair skill.
- Jack and jack stands
- Lug wrench
- Socket set
- Wrench set
- Bearing race driver tool
- Slide hammer tool
- Pry bar
- Torque wrench
- Clean rags
- Begin by raising the vehicle and securing it on jack stands, ensuring that it is stable and secure.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly from the vehicle using a lug wrench.
- Remove the brake caliper and rotor assembly from the wheel hub, ensuring that the brake line is not damaged or twisted.
- Use a pry bar to remove the axle shaft from the axle housing and carefully slide it out.
- Use a bearing race driver tool to remove the old inner axle bearing race from the axle housing.
- Use a slide hammer tool to remove the old inner axle bearing from the axle shaft. Be sure to follow the tool manufacturer's instructions carefully to prevent damage to the axle shaft or housing.
- Once the old bearing is removed, clean the area thoroughly with a clean rag to remove any dirt, grease, or debris.
- Use a bearing race driver tool to install the new inner axle bearing race onto the axle housing.
- Install the new Genuine Ford Inner Axle Bearing onto the axle shaft using a bearing driver tool, making sure it is fully seated.
- Reinstall the axle shaft into the axle housing and torque the bolts to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Reinstall the brake rotor and caliper assembly onto the hub and torque the bolts to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Reinstall the wheel and tire assembly onto the hub and torque the lug nuts to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Lower the vehicle and remove the jack stands.
- Test drive the vehicle to ensure that the new inner axle bearing is working properly.
This installation is a complex job that can take several hours to complete, even for an experienced mechanic. It is recommended to seek assistance from a qualified automotive technician if you do not have experience in working with drivetrain components. Remember to use safety glasses at all times and to take all necessary precautions when working under the vehicle.
Simply return your part in the exact same condition and packaging that you received it in within 30 days for a full refund of the purchase price of the part, minus the original shipping charges.
You don't even have to contact us. More info is at the full return info page at
All items ship by the carrier of your choice, and the speed selected at checkout.
Depending on your location Ground shipping starts at $8.97 and can vary due to travel distance and package weight.
In stock items ship the out the same day of ordered by noon, and generally deliver to most of the USA within 5 business days unless faster shipping is chosen at checkout.
Once an order is placed shipping address cannot be changed while in transit.
Faster shipping is available for many items, and can be purchased as an upgrade at checkout.
We use USPS and UPS as our delivery partners.